Tambov Regional Art Gallery
The Tambov Regional Art Gallery was opened for viewers on April, 1961. The first museum in Tambov however was founded in 1879. The collection was supplemented with pieces of arts during the years. Two departments are still there today: the Russian art, and the Western-European art. Among the famous painters, whose works are exhibited in the hall of the gallery are David Teniers the Younger, Theodoor van Thulden, Ferdinand Bol, Aert van der Neer, Jan van Goyen, Michiel van Mierevelt, Pieter Nason and others.